Harry Potter Halloween
A Spooky Double Drabble Exchange
|Theme:||A Halloween-themed double-drabble exchange|
|Website:||HP_Halloween on LJ|
This is a quick turn-around, double-drabble (200 words) exchange where gifts are posted with reveals on Halloween (October 31). Flexibility and a sense of adventure are a must for this exchange, and it's a great way to get your feet wet if you're new to exchanges.
Guidelines for Joining
Sign up by adding a comment to the sign-up post on the community when it's open.
You're signing up to both request a Halloween-themed double-drabble and to pledge to write one for someone else.
Clearly but concisely state what you would like to receive as a gift. You must keep your sign-up to one post. You're allowed to name six characters and choose two relationship types - gen, het, slash, or fem-slash - for your own gift. All characters must be featured characters - not one mention only, such as names given during the Sorting. You should also state in which genre you would like your gift (horror, comedy, drama, romance, action/adventure, etc).
For the purposes of the character request - You must list at least 3 "primary" characters. We're not going to make a primary character list; we think you all know the difference. Also, characters must be from books 1 - 7 only.
Requests can be made for up to three simple Halloween-themed prompts. Writers do not have to use all of those, but they do have to include at least one.
Also, as this exchange is open to anything, make sure you clearly, but concisely, state your writing deal-breakers (what you don't want to write) - you are allowed to specify up to three. If you normally find your list getting to be a wall of text, this might not be the exchange for you.
One last time, flexibility is key in this exchange. People who will accept any gift or write any genre will be held in high esteem. The exchange has begun to contract again, so we need your flexibility more than ever.
Sign-up comments should follow this format:
1. You must be 18 years of age or over.
1.5. Your sign-up post must be a single post.
2. All gift drabbles must be emailed to the mod by October 28. One of your mods' birthday is Halloween, so please make her present your timely submission.
3. All gift drabbles must be 200 words exactly. We do check lengths.
4. Drabble Gifts must be marked with appropriate warnings.
5. Drabbles may not portray people under the age of 18 engaging in sexual acts.
6. Please code entries for bold, italics, underline, etc, and with the appropriate header information, which will be in your assignment email.
7. Send drabbles to the mod email account in text-only format. If you need help with this, ask and you will receive it.
8. There is a feedback rule instituted by the original mod, and we will continue to honor it: If you don't have anything nice to say, then please don't say it. This is a gift community not a forum for criticizing others' work. If you have a real problem with something someone wrote, then please get in touch with a mod first.
8.5 That said, we strongly encourage you to make a reply to your gift.
9. You might notice that we've underlined even more words this year, stressing flexibility and being open to anything. We've continued to accept any relationship type in this exchange, but as the years go on and participation goes down (but not out!), matching becomes very hard. Remember, it's only a 200-word drabble. This is a good time to explore ideas outside of your usual fandom "box". Explore your writing flexibility!
10. New in 2016: Choose at least 3 primary characters for your sign-up, and only choose characters from Books 1 - 7.
Again, gift drabbles will be posted to the community by the mods on October 31 with instant gratification reveals.
Any questions? Email: hphmods @ gmail.com (take out spaces)
Please be sure to friend the community for updates and to see the drabbles! No need to join the community, though. We don't lock posts.
This is the working mirror of a LiveJournal exchange.
|Interests:||26: bats, creepy, drabble, drabbles, exchange, exchanges, ghosts, goblins, gravestones, halloween, harry potter, jack-o-lanterns, pumpkins, scary black cats, skeletons, spirits, spooks, spooky, the undead, trick-or-treat, vampires, warlocks, werewolves, witches, wizards, zombies|
|Maintainers:||4: hphalloween_mod, lore, shadowycat, starduchess|
|Members:||47: alisanne, bonfoi, bridgetmkennitt, dani_meows, digthewriter, dmitchell1985, drachenmina, enchanted_jae, fyrjurai, ghost5576, gin_tonic, goddess47, hphalloween_mod, inamac, kaesa, karasu_hime, kelly_chambliss, kirasha, ladydark1, lilyseyes, lore, magialuna, merlins_babe, mysticnights32, newteza, nimrod_9, pauraque, ragdoll, rubytuesday5681, scribbulus_ink, sealcat, severed_lies, shadowycat, slewthedragon, sm_malfoy, smallbrownfrog, snapesgirl, starduchess, sweetmelodykiss, terrible_tues, torino10154, unbroken_halo, venturous, vimeslady, whatthefuckbenj, wolfiefics, xena_2001de|
|Watched by:||46: alisanne, bonfoi, bridgetmkennitt, dani_meows, digthewriter, dmitchell1985, drachenmina, enchanted_jae, fyrjurai, ghost5576, gin_tonic, goddess47, inamac, kaesa, karasu_hime, kelly_chambliss, kirasha, ladydark1, lilyseyes, lore, magialuna, merlins_babe, mysticnights32, newteza, nimrod_9, pauraque, ragdoll, rubytuesday5681, scribbulus_ink, sealcat, severed_lies, shadowycat, slewthedragon, sm_malfoy, smallbrownfrog, snapesgirl, starduchess, sweetmelodykiss, terrible_tues, torino10154, unbroken_halo, venturous, vimeslady, whatthefuckbenj, wolfiefics, xena_2001de|
|Account type:||Free Patient|