|hphalloween_mod (hphalloween_mod) wrote in hp_halloween,|
@ 2010-10-16 04:59:00
|Entry tags:||!!sign-ups, !2010, !modpost|
Sign-ups are now CLOSED
hp_halloween is open once again! Sign-up between now and 7 pm EST on October 21!
Hi! My name is lore and I'll be your mod again this year. Since we're starting so late, please help spread the word that sign-ups are open. I'm not giving a full week, and you'll only have a week to write, so this exchange is for the hard-core Halloween drabble lovers out there. Please tell your flists and any newsletters that you think might be interested right away if you are so inclined. Remember, this is a 200-word drabble exchange that will be posted with reveals on Halloween.
Guidelines for Joining
Sign up by adding a comment to this entry.
You're signing up to both request a Halloween-themed drabble and to pledge to write one for someone else.
Clearly but concisely state what you would like to receive as a gift - it can be as specific or non-specific as you wish but may include pairings, ratings range, squicks, scenarios, etc. You are only allowed one sign-up reply post, as the point of this exchange is to be flexible.
Because we're running so late this year, requests need to be both broad and specific, if that makes sense. Giving a choice or pairings or situations is good. For example: SS/HG and a pumpkin = good. SS/HG, a pumpkin, the stroke of midnight, a black hanky and romance = a bit too much.
Also, as this exchange is open to anything, make sure you clearly, but concisely, state your writing deal-breakers (what you don't want to write). This would include pairings, ratings, squicks, crossovers, etc. If you find your list getting to be a wall of text, this might not be the exchange for you. One last time, flexibility is key in this exchange. People who will take any assignment will be loved..
Your reply here should contain the following copy and pasted in:
1. You must be 18 years of age or over.
2. All gift drabbles must be emailed to the mod by October 28. Your mod's birthday is Halloween, so please make her present this year your timely submission.
3. All gift drabbles must be 200 words exactly.
4. Any entries rated R or over should be marked as such so they can be placed under an LJ cut.
5. Gifts must be marked with appropriate warnings.
6. Drabbles may not portray people under the age of 18 engaging in sexual acts.
7. Deadline for sign ups is 7 p.m. EST on Thursday, Oct. 21, with assignments out in 24 hours.
8. Gift drabbles will be posted to the community by the mod on October 31.
9. Please friend the community for updates and to see the drabbles!
10. There is a feedback rule instituted by the original mod, and we will continue to honor it: If you don't have anything nice to say, then please don't say it. This is a gift community not a forum for criticizing others' work. If you have a real problem with something someone wrote, then please get in touch with me first.
If you have questions, email me at lore13 @ gmail.com (no spaces). Sign-ups and entries will be mirrored on IJ, so please be sure to only sign up in one place. Thanks, all! I can't wait to see who's game for this year!