|About:||Ever have a list of fiction ideas that you'd like to write someday, but never get around to it? Started an epic and ran out of steam around chapter 3? That's what we're all here for. |
Currently this community is on moderated membership. I'm treating this community like a writing group, rather than something large like NaNoWriMo. Meaning, I'd like to keep it reasonably small, and friendly.
0. Treat other members with courtesy. Treat the mods with courtesy. If you feel someone is being discourteous, email the mod.
-- That being said, know the difference between concrit and a flame. That goes for commeters as well -- make sure all criticms is constructive. If someone asks you if an idea will work, make suggestions and note good things as well ass noting what won't work.
1. On-topic ads and promotions only. Also keep in mind this is a general fandom community, so advertising specific-fandom communities might not be wise. When in doubt, ask the mod.
2. Spoiler warnings. I can't police everyone, but if it's been more than six months and most people in your fandom wouldn't bat an eye, it's probably safe. It can vary from fandom for fandom -- I've been in a fandom where things are still spoilers after eight years.
3. LJ-cuts. There shouldn't be any pictures or movies posted here, but any that are should be lj-cut. If text is longer than a page, it should be lj-cut. If you don't know how to cut, there's a FAQ on the subject.
4. Please leave the default font type and color alone when you post, and keep the size changes reasonable. Due to the variations of friends pages, as well as any eye or monitor problems of members.
5. Please don't delete posts or comments, short of a 'Oops, wrong community' or to fix typos/messed up HTML. When in doubt, ask the mod. Mostly this is in case of future problems -- if there is a problem, an electronic record really helps.
When you join, please make an intro post. Good things to mention would be fandoms you're active in, and works in progress you hope to finish.
Other ideas for posts:
-- Bouncing ideas off of other members.
-- Venting frustrations.
-- Suggestions for time management and working past writer's block.
-- Progress reports.
|Interests:||4: fanfiction, procrastination, unfinished projects, writing|
|Members:||7: beccastareyes, emilie_burns, lnitefall, peachiecloset, |
|Watched by:||6: beccastareyes, emilie_burns, lnitefall, peachiecloset, rubyfruit_pixie, sagami|
|Account type:||Free Patient|