|ciceqi (ciceqi) wrote in fictunes,|
@ 2008-01-27 09:15:00
|Entry tags:||modhat, modhat: intro, modhat: rules|
Yes, it's yet another challenge comm, but this time the prompts go on shuffle and may require headphones or a nice pair of speakers for maximum effect. And this challenge should be easy: I post up to three songs, and you have a month to write 500 words for any or all of them (over 500 words is not only kosher, it's love). I may switch it up from time to time, post an entire playlist and give you three months to work on it, or post one track for a one-week speed challenge, but the monthly challenge will always be there.
1. Any content welcome, be it gen, het or slash, original or fannish, canon or AU, fic or art. Please post your work behind a cut, and include fandom, character/pairing, rating, and warnings (if necessary). Please also mention which song(s) you're writing to. Example:
Subject Line: [Final Fantasy VII] Title, Sephiroth, worksafe
Title: Something Clever
Fandom: Final Fantasy VII
Music: Aurore Rien - "A Split Pinion Seraph"
Summary: Dreaming in the Lifestream.
2. Common courtesy is not optional.
3. Please post your fics here as well as to your own journals. We likes the fic, my precious, and it hurtssss us if the fic goes away.
4. If you want to suggest a song, email me privately or drop a comment in the suggestion post. Basically I don't want the comm clogged with so many songs it gets overwhelming...although I know a lot of people who like challenges like things overwhelming, and I feel your pain, believe me. So maybe we can work out something for
us you guys, too. You overachievers, you.
5. Songs will remain up during the challenge period, reposted if necessary, to be removed at the end of the challenge period. Once the challenge is over, songs will not be reposted. Please do not ask.
6. If you fall in love with a band you hear here, that's wonderful; I'll be thrilled. But please don't ask for more of their work to be posted, as requests of that nature will be firmly ignored. Consider supporting the artist by purchasing their product instead. This is not a music sharing comm. Please do not treat it as such.
7. Have fun, and may you find something that inspires you!
I'll probably try to post a full three songs every month, and I'll do my best to make sure there's a good mix for you to work with, but I'll warn you right now that I'm pretty much clueless about mainstream music. In fact, that'd be a great genre for you to post suggestions for! What you can expect to hear is fairly eclectic, with a lot of indie, singer-songwriter, shoegaze, dreampop, ambient, trip-hop, alt country, freak folk, psychedelic, prog rock, world, and even some classic rock now and then. And much, much more! There's honestly not too many genres I won't sit down with if the mood strikes me.
Suggestions of all sort welcome!