Answering the unaskable.
|Name:||Fiction Queries - Research Asylum.|
|About:||Fiction Queries is inspired by the LJ community little_details. I couldn't find anywhere on IJ where you can ask those awkward questions for your fic. What does it feel like to get shot? How can I kill someone with a hatpin? What would my Roman character have worn? What did Victorians have for Christmas Dinner. All those questions you either couldn't find in google or didn't dare ask. Because good writers know that it's the little details that really make a story.|
Obviously the more people join the asylum, the better chance you'll have of getting your questions answered so feel free to advertise this asylum anywhere you want. Tell your friends!
1. Play nicely. Flames will not be tolerated. Although in the case of people breaking rule 2 a certain amount of sarcasm will be.
2. At least try google. If I can answer your question in 30 seconds on google you'll be warned. If you do it repeatedly you'll be banned. This Asylum is to help answer things you couldn't answer yourself, not to compensate for you being too lazy to even try.
3. State your source. I don't care if your answers come from personal experience or some kind of research, just say where you get your information from.
4. Anything that requires a long explanation or is NSFW belongs behind a cut. If you're cutting for NSFW or possible disturbing/graphic details, please say that outside the cut. This isn't a 'safe space', no topics are banned, but equally I expect people to show a certain amount of consideration for their fellow IJers.
5. Equally I'm not restricting membership but if you're underage and someone has warned for adult material I expect you to be responsible for not clicking on any links you shouldn't. If you follow a link to adult material you are saying that you are old enough to view it and I take no responsibility for the consequences of your actions.
6. Check the tags to see if anyone's already answered your question before asking.
7. Don't be shy about answering posts even if you're only theorising or partially answering it. As long as you say you're guessing based on your experience that's fine.
- Please use a subject heading that reflects the content of your post.
- Try Google before posting.
- NSFW and disturbing material belongs behind a cut.
- Remember to give a date and location for your question (if relevent). It may be obvious to you that it's set in the US/UK/Australia, but that doesn't mean it's obvious to anyone else.
- No OT posts, only questions. Thank you.
|Interests:||10: answers, details, fanfiction, fiction, historical, legal, medical, question, research, writing|
|Members:||50: absolutionbot, amejisuto, atalantapendrag, |
|Watched by:||36: absolutionbot, amejisuto, atalantapendrag, balinesenoneko, beccastareyes, catness, chichirinoda, chrysalis, clare_dragonfly, distantuniverse, duet_chan, elistaire, emilie_burns, fakia, featheredwolf, innerslytherin, jim000037, kaesa, lady_deirdre, lddurham, lilian_cho, madlodger_007, mahoganyhandle, purplefluffycat, rainbow_goddess, red_day_dawning, riverotter, rubyfruit_pixie, saddle_tramp, shiegra, shinnite, snakeling, stasha2g, sweetsorcery, sylumgator, turelietelconta|
|Account type:||Free Patient|