|hecatesbrat (hecatesbrat) wrote in ffviii_100,|
@ 2010-09-06 23:04:00
|Entry tags:||prompt: sublimate|
No entries this round so no points were awarded. Balamb G gets to keep the trophy for now.
This week's word prompt: #105 - Sublimated
When this word was first presented to me, I had to look at the definition just to make sure I understood it properly. My mind was not faulty and I thought of all the ways it could be used! I almost cackled with glee.
So, I will put the definition up and hopefully you creative people can let the muses hum and haw and run wild with it. Without further ado:
–verb (used with object)
1. Psychology. to divert the energy of (a sexual or other biological impulse) from its immediate goal to one of a more acceptable social, moral, or aesthetic nature or use.
a. to sublime (a solid substance); extract by this process.
b. to refine or purify (a substance).
3. to make nobler or purer: To read about great men sublimates ambition.
–verb (used without object)
4. to become sublimated; undergo sublimation.
5. Chemistry. the crystals, deposit, or material obtained when a substance is sublimated.
6. purified or exalted; sublimated.