|r e v e r i e (ex_spellboun8) wrote in e3,|
@ 2010-02-19 20:12:00
|Entry tags:||#news, nintendo, nintendo ds, nintendo wii, source: nintendopowermag|
Download 2010: Ones To Watch
Take a look at 10 WiiWare and DSiWare games that are likely to be on your must-download list in 2010.
From platforming to strategy, from long-running franchises to all-new properties, there's a lot of downloadable goodness to go around -- and this list only scratches the surface of what's to come. The moral of the story: start saving up those Nintendo Points!
1. And Yet It Moves - And Yet It Moves turns platforming on it's head - and on it's side. As you navigate unique paper-collage-style levels, you'll be able to rotate the game world to help you make jumps and overcome obstacles.
2. Super Meat Boy - Quirky, cool, and kinda gross, Super Meat Boy is guaranteed to push your jumping and wall-climbing skills to the limits. The developer's are looking to include more than 300 levels, including a retro-themed bonus chapter.
3. Bonk: Brink of Extinction - Hudson's big-headed caveman, Bonk, is back! In addition to the usual jumping and headbutting, you'll be able to use all-new elemental powers to help you save prehistory from an impending meteor collision.
4. Liight - You'll manipulate colored lights to hit like-hued targets in this promising brain-bender. The game will feature more than 100 stages and a nonstop survival mode, plus you'll be able to make your own puzzles.
5. Mega Man 10 - When it comes to 2-D action, Mega Man always delivers. New bosses like Solar Man, Blade Man, and Chill Man will keep you on your toes, but a new Easy mode promises to make the game more accesible than the last installment.
6. Military Madness: Nectaris - The original Military Madness on the TurboGrafx16 set the standard for console strategy games. Experience it for yourself in this enhanced remake which includes new hero units in multiplayer mode.
7. NightSky - The silhouette aesthetic of NightSky certainly helps the game stand out from the crowd. Its premise - rolling a ball throught obstacle-laden environments using limited special powers - is also very compelling.
8. Phoenix Write: Ace Attorney - The Phoenix Write: Ace Attorney games were excellent on DS. Now you'll be able to experience the quirky legal dramas all over again on WiiWare. The first game could be out by the time you read this.
1. Reflection - In Reflection, your character has been magically split in two, and you must control both parts - one on the top screen, the other on the bottom screen. It's a different and clever type of platformer.
2. Shantae: Risky's Revenge - We're not sure which is more exciting: the fact that Shantae is returning after so many years, the fact that this game looks absolutely amazing, or the fact that this is only the first game in a three-part saga.