Discworld Fan Creations
|About:||Note: Rules modified to comply with MPAA wishes, and to make icon posting easier.|
Welcome to the Discworld Fan Creations community!
We're a community for posting any and all fan creations related to Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld', from fanfiction to cosplay, fanart to space turtle dances. The only creations not allowed are any and all adult creations. For the higher-rated creations there's dw_after_dark.
Disclaimer: All creations here are based upon the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. All characters and situations presented, other than the ones created by our members, are the sole property of Terry Pratchett.
Since both MPAA and FictionRatings.com have copyrighted their ratings systems (even though this MAKES NO SENSE), to be sure we don't get Cease & Desist letters, I've made up my own. This is me officially saying that you are free to use this rating system on whatever website or community you like.
A - Family-friendly. Age 5+. In art: no nudity, no sexual touching beyond kissing, no bondage/fetish outfits, no violence beyond a comedy punch. In writing: No coarse language, sex scenes or hard violence.
B - Family-friendly. Age 9+. In art: No nudity, no sexual touching beyond passionate kisses, no violence beyond bruising or small cuts. In writing: nothing beyond tame make-out scenes; no graphic descriptions of injury, and only minor cusswords like the S-word.
C - Not suitable for young children. Age 13+. In art: Female breasts are fine, and nudity where the genitalia can't be seen; sex can be suggested but not portrayed; injury and violence can be depicted, using your own discretion. In fiction: Adult themes and steamy make-out scenes are okay, as is suggested sex, but not descriptions of sex. Descriptions of injury and violence are fine, although you should use your discretion on what is too much. Steer away from the extremes of coarse language.
D - Not suitable for children. Age 16+. In art: Full nudity, non-graphic sex and major injury or violence are fine. In writing: non-explicit descriptions of sex, minute descriptions of violence and coarse language are all fine.
E - is for everything goes. Age 18+.
I realize it's a bit of a bother learning a whole new system, but at least it shouldn't be too hard to remember. Basically, A=G, B=PG, C=PG-13, D=R, E=NC-17. And, of course, for the purposes of this community, you only need to remember A to C.
1. Post only fan creations. News, plugs and discussion should go to discworld. (Of course, there's no reason not to post your new nifty Discworld recipe both here and there.) One exception is posts plugging a new asylum or journal or website - as long as those asylums/journals/etc are Discworld-related and focused primarily on fan creations.
2. By "fan creation" we mean any and all creations related to Discworld and created by fans - fanfiction, fanart, icons, costumes, cakes, dances, songs, filks, plushies and whatever else you might come up with. Essays are fine as well, but as they are nonfiction they might be better placed in discworld.
3. Use the following heading in all posts other than icon posts (see below for the exceptions on icon posts):
Author/Artist/Baker/etc: (Choose whatever's appropriate. Optional when posting your own creation; if you are reccing someone else's work, this is obligatory.)
Rating: (Use the rating system above. Note: D and E -rated fan creations are NOT ALLOWED.)
Author's Note: (Optional.)
Word Count: (Optional.)
Warning: (Use your discretion with this one - if it involves something people might not want to be surprised with, such as spoilers for a new book, put a warning here.)
4. When posting icons, you can dispense with the above heading; however, include appropriate warnings and post questionable icons under a cut.
5. Put the actual creation behind a cut, unless you're linking to another source. If you're posting a batch of icons, it's okay to put a couple of them over the cut as teasers, but no more than three.
6. If you're reccing someone else's work, don't post it in full, but rather provide a link to the original artist's/performer's/etc. entry. If you're making a list of recs, you don't have to add the above heading to each rec as long as the link will lead to a page with a similar heading. However, the original creator must be named next to your rec link.
7. Post only A to C -rated fan creations. Mature subject matter is not allowed.
8. No trolling, stalking or insults (which are easy to distinguish from constructive criticism). You will only get one warning.
|Interests:||47: books, carpe jugulum, discworld, equal rites, eric, fan art, fan creations, fanart, fanfic, fanfiction, fantasy, feet of clay, filks, going postal, guards! guards!, hogfather, icons, interesting times, jingo, lords and ladies, making money, maskerade, men at arms, monstrous regiment, mort, moving pictures, night watch, pterry, pyramids, reaper man, small gods, soul music, sourcery, terry pratchett, the color of magic, the colour of magic, the fifth elephant, the last continent, the last hero, the light fantastic, the truth, the wee free men, thief of time, thud!, wintersmith, witches abroad, wyrd sisters|
|Members:||14: ajatshatru, animehime, atalantapendrag, beccastareyes, cedara, diachrony, |
|Watched by:||10: ajatshatru, animehime, atalantapendrag, beccastareyes, cedara, diachrony, madargon, qem_chibati, spacelogic, vimeslady|
|Account type:||Free Patient|