Discworld After Dark
the adult DW fancreations community
|Name:||Discworld After Dark - Fan Creations|
|About:||Note: Rules modified to comply with MPAA wishes, and to make icon posting easier.|
Welcome to the OTHER Discworld Fan Creations community!
We're a community for posting adult fan creations based on the Discworld series - that means ones not suitable for children. Fanfiction, fan art, icons, and whatever other creations you come up with are welcome.
This community is moderated. You can request to join, and anyone over 18 is accepted.
Disclaimer: All creations here are based upon the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. All characters and situations presented, other than the ones created by our members, are the sole property of Terry Pratchett.
Since both MPAA and FictionRatings.com have copyrighted their ratings systems (even though this MAKES NO SENSE), to be sure we don't get Cease & Desist letters, I've made up my own. This is me officially saying that you are free to use this rating system on whatever website or community you like.
A - Family-friendly. Age 5+. In art: no nudity, no sexual touching beyond kissing, no bondage/fetish outfits, no violence beyond a comedy punch. In writing: No coarse language, sex scenes or hard violence.
B - Family-friendly. Age 9+. In art: No nudity, no sexual touching beyond passionate kisses, no violence beyond bruising or small cuts. In writing: nothing beyond tame make-out scenes; no graphic descriptions of injury, and only minor cusswords like the S-word.
C - Not suitable for young children. Age 13+. In art: Female breasts are fine, and nudity where the genitalia can't be seen; sex can be suggested but not portrayed; injury and violence can be depicted, using your own discretion. In fiction: Adult themes and steamy make-out scenes are okay, as is suggested sex, but not descriptions of sex. Descriptions of injury and violence are fine, although you should use your discretion on what is too much. Steer away from the extremes of coarse language.
D - Not suitable for children. Age 16+. In art: Full nudity, non-graphic sex and major injury or violence are fine. In writing: non-explicit descriptions of sex, minute descriptions of violence and coarse language are all fine.
E - is for everything goes. Age 18+.
I realize it's a bit of a bother learning a whole new system, but at least it shouldn't be too hard to remember. Basically, A=G, B=PG, C=PG-13, D=R, E=NC-17.
1. Keep to the subject of adult Discworld fancreations. If posting a fancreation, use the form detailed below. You can also post questions, community plugs and thoughts related to the adult fancreations.
2. Friends-lock all fancreations entries. Discussion posts do not have to be locked. (Please note that sometimes, even if you are logged in, you'll have to enter through the community user info page in order to see locked entries.)
3. By "fan creation" we mean any and all creations related to Discworld and created by fans - fanfiction, fanart, icons, costumes, songs, filks, plushies and whatever else you might come up with. And we would be very intrigued if you did come up with an adult-themed plushie.
4. Use the following heading in all posts other than icon posts (see below for the exceptions on icon posts):
Author/Artist/etc: (Choose whatever's appropriate. Optional when posting your own creation; if you are reccing someone else's work, this is obligatory.)
Rating: (Use an approximation of the ratings listed above. Please keep it rated D and E - for lower ratings, there's dw_fancreations)
Author's Note: (Optional.)
Word Count: (Optional.)
Warning: (Use your discretion with this one - if it involves something people might not want to be surprised with, such as violence, spoilers for a new book, or a particularly inventive, unusual or taboo fetish, put a warning here.)
5. When posting icons, you can dispense with the above heading; however, include appropriate warnings and post questionable icons (which in this community means really inventively offensive or non-worksafe) under a cut.
6. Always put the actual creation behind a cut, unless you're linking to another source. If you're posting a batch of icons, it's okay to put a couple of them over the cut as teasers, but no more than three.
7. If you're reccing someone else's work, don't post it in full, but rather provide a link to the original artist's/performer's/etc. entry. If you're making a list of recs, you don't have to add the above heading to each rec as long as the link will lead to a page with a similar heading. However, the original creator must be named next to your rec link.
8. No trolling, stalking or insults (which are easy to distinguish from constructive criticism). You will only get one warning.
9. Keep it legal.
|Interests:||47: books, carpe jugulum, discworld, equal rites, eric, fan art, fan creations, fanart, fanfic, fanfiction, fantasy, feet of clay, filks, going postal, guards! guards!, hogfather, icons, interesting times, jingo, lords and ladies, making money, maskerade, men at arms, monstrous regiment, mort, moving pictures, night watch, pterry, pyramids, reaper man, small gods, soul music, sourcery, terry pratchett, the color of magic, the colour of magic, the fifth elephant, the last continent, the last hero, the light fantastic, the truth, the wee free men, thief of time, thud!, wintersmith, witches abroad, wyrd sisters|
|Members:||18: ajatshatru, andreth_47, animehime, atalantapendrag, cedara, diachrony, empererpenguin, |
|Watched by:||13: ajatshatru, andreth_47, animehime, atalantapendrag, cedara, diachrony, empererpenguin, legendarcy, qem_chibati, shiegra, spacelogic, vimeslady, wormo|
|Account type:||Free Patient|