Original Fiction Assistance
|Name:||Original Fiction Tools and Challenges|
|About:||This is a closed community, which will function as a writing group. Membership needs to be approved so sorry but if I don't know you I won't approve you. The idea is you can post your original fiction in a safe space, free from flames and plagiarism. This also means you can get friendly critique. Any kind of original work is welcome here, be it a novel, short story or poem. |
This will also function as a resource for original fiction. I'll post links to any tools which would be useful, writing exercises, writing competitions and online magazines which you can submit to. You can also post requests for something you may need and other members can provide what they know of.
There will be a prompt at the first of the month, every month that you can choose to follow or not. I'll also post a challenge, which again, you can choose to follow or not.
1. I won't bother with the usual no flaming or character bashing, as I should know you all well enough to know you know better than that.
2. Tag your posts with the genre and any warnings you might have. Also, if it's a short story or a fic of your own original stuff then use the character names. Don't do this with novels, as each chapter will presumably have your main character's name and that's a given. This is more of a guideline, as I'll tag anything you miss.
3. Format is as follows for original works,
Subject: [short story/ RP/ conversation/ novel] (Title)
Pairing (if applicable):
Warnings (if applicable):
Challenge #x (if applicable):
Prompt #x (if applicable::
Content goes behind a cut.
4. Format for something other than original works is as follows,
Subject: [request/writing resource/writing competition announcement] (subject)
If the content is more than a paragraph, it goes behind a cut.
5. Prompts and challenges are not obligatory, feel free to only pick up the things that interest you. Also, feel free to post your own challenges, or request an original work you'd like to see.
6. You're welcome to post anything you can think of so long as it relates to original fiction in some way.
7. RPs and conversations. Just post in character, put which character you are in the header. If it's your first post as the character, include a brief description of them. If it's not, include a link to where we may have seen them before. You can do a third person post if you have something specific in mind, as you would with a forum RP and wait for someone to reply. Or you can simply do a mock journal post in character and someone can reply as themselves, or as a character. You can ask the other person's character questions, etc. This is useful for fleshing out characters.
8. Everything is purely optional. I understand everyone ahs restraints on their time, so don't feel you have to respond to everything or answer every challenge or request.
9. FLOCK EVERYTHING. Not doing so kind of defeats the purpose of having a closed community.
10. And lastly, no female rape. It's still a massive trigger for me and sometimes things that are even tangentially related still set me off. I hate to impose a rule like this but it's for my own sanity and I'd rather say it now than suffer a panic attack. If that's particularly troublesome for you, feel free to create your own comm.
|Interests:||33: action, angst, antiheroes, characterisation, comedy, dichotomy, drama, fantasy, femme slash, heroes, heroines, het, introspection, main characters, moral ambiguity, nanowrimo, novellas, novels, original fiction, plot, plotless porn, poems, roleplay, romance, scifi, secondary characters, short stories, slash, strong women, vignettes, villains, writing exercises, writing resources|
|Members:||5: calanor, cozzybob, mako_eyed_boy, otoluco, woodlandelf|
|Watched by:||5: calanor, cozzybob, mako_eyed_boy, otoluco, woodlandelf|
|Account type:||Free Patient|