Yet Another One
Throughout the month, I've been sticking to the theme and trying desperately to get a better grip on my protagonist. Me and Jesse are getting along, but he/she's VERY confusing, and not a little strange. Hee! It got especially annoying when I found out that not only has Topi had her characters planned for several years, but so had Ederyn and Princess. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ralphie's had them too, the way this is going. ^^
So we got talking and somehow this evolved into me doing a rip-off of RP!Duo. I blame E, I'm pretty sure this is her fault... That said, Jesse hasn't bit the dust just yet, because I may add him to this story, or bring this version of Duo to that one. Why waste all that hard work? xD
Things You Should Know: The name is Hayden Marie Foster. It's a combination of two RP plots--Hayden Marie is Princess's fault, and Foster is sort of E's. I've decided that this version of Duo is a girl--no really, she really is, I swear. Hee! And yes, she has a braid--think Lara Croft as far a looks go. The rest is fairly similar. xD
...By the way, anyone who actually finds the willpower to *read* this gets a cookie! Bahahahaha!
1. How do other people see your character? Close friends couldn't find a more loyal human being, nor a more entertaining one, but outside of certain close-knit groups she can be considered a tad... how do you say... unbalanced? In a bad way. 2. How much of this is true? She's fairly blunt, and lying isn't much her style, so how you take her is how she is. Still, she'll put up various exteriors, and she's very much a battered little girl when the walls come down, so she carries all the flaws of one. She can be just as selfish and violent to her family when she gets insecure. 3. How does your character hurt the people around him/her most often? To enemies, she is extremely violent, especially if it's personal, and it usually is because she can be selfish and perceives them that way no matter how impersonal the attack may be. She's also capable of physically harming her family out of insecurity, though it won't happen often--she just doesn't take confrontation well, and she has bursts of immaturity that are astounding. Still, no matter how badly she may hurt her family, she will always come back to apologize. 4.. How does he/she deal with them when they are upset? She either gets very insecure and goes into panic mode or stands firm until the issue is resolved. It mostly depends on who's upset about what. She isn't above running away, either. 5. List your character's bad habits: *thinks* -shooting first and asking questions later -enjoying violence far too much -insecurity, immature at times, a bit selfish when she wants to be -psychotic -drinks obsessively -smokes at times -is a total slob -enjoys drawing on herself (with pens, markers, highlighters, you name it)
6. How do these affect the people around them? People that piss her off usually end up dead. And being that her friends are just as nuts as she is, they usually take it in stride. 7. What irritates others about your character? She doesn't like talking about personal problems to the point of being irritating, and then she explodes, and it turns into a bigger deal than it needs to be. Sometimes her problems overshadow others, and she can also be loud, annoying, generally an ass. 8. Can your character form relationships with other people? Yes and no. She can, but she usually goes for the quick and easy because she's intensely afraid of commitment, or rather the lack of it. She can have close family-like relationships with other people, but when it gets sexual it turns into porn rather than honesty. 9. How long do these last? Relationships that do occur with her never last long because something usually happens to tear them apart--someone ends up dead, or hurt, or emotionally battered. 10. What difficulties do other people have in forming relationships with your character? Trying to understand where the hell she's coming from, because God only knows half the time. A winning relationship with her can be very, very rewarding, but getting there is next to impossible. Even when her guard is down, she's still pushing away. It takes someone very special to get emotionally attached.
Specific Flaws 1. Is your character arrogant or vain? Vain. She loves her body, she worked hard for it. Wouldn't call her arrogant, though. 2. Or are they self-loathing to an abnormal degree? Hm... yes? Most of her more violent actions are the result of insecurity. 3. Is your character very hostile or aggressive? Depends on her day. Despite everything I've said so far, she's usually not that hard to get along with, and she's very nice and generally agreeable. She tries to stay positive and bubbly, it's just when she isn't, she can be... yes, hostile. 4. Or are they extremely placid? Hee! Maybe on a very dull day she can be placid. ^^ 5. Is your character a thrillseeker? Do they take stupid risks? All the time. 6. Or are they very, very cautious? Actually, it depends. She can be overly cautious when the time calls for it. 7. Is your character controlling? Do they hate to let other people take the lead? She loves to have the attention because it makes life easier. However, sometimes she's aware that control is easier in the hands of someone better able. So no, I wouldn't say controlling per say. 8. Or are they passive to the point where they refuse to make decisions for themselves? Nope. 9. Is your character manipulative? She can be at times, but it's not really her style. 10. Or are they naive, so that they can never tell when they are being manipulated or taken advantage of? She's definitely not naive. 11. Is your character a user or a taker? She'll take if it's offered, yes, but no more than can be given. 12. Or are they self-sacrificing to the point of martyrdom? She loves being a martyr. It's one of the more annoying qualities. :P 13. Does your character never take anything seriously, even things that need to be taken seriously? At times. Especially if it's a front to hide nervousness or fear. 14. Or do they take everything far too seriously? Are they often offended by things other's wouldn't be? Sometimes, but not generally. The things she takes seriously are usually pretty reasonable to be serious about. 15. Is your character physically or emotionally weak? Emotionally, however hidden. It's the one sure way to destroy her. 16. Or are they strong to the point of not understanding that other's can't cope in the same way as them? Sometimes she can be naive about other's pain, but she's not blind. 17. Are they independent enough to feel they don't need others? Nope. She needs people, and people need her. Very touchy-feely. 18. Or are they so extremely dependent? Dependant to the core. She can live/fight alone, and has, but she's never happy that way. 19. Is your character an 'end justifies the means' type? She can be a fairly big hypocrite. She'll think in gray against the enemy, and point out all the wrongs, but when violent, the end always justifies the means. 20. Or do they think so much in shades or gray it leads to moral dilemmas? She thinks in a lot of gray when it comes to the horror of others. Moral Dilemmas happen on occasion. 21. Is your character squeamish? Not at all. 22. Or are they non-squeamish to the point of seeming strange? She's very strange. 23. Is your character prone to violence even when it's completely unneccessary? Yup. 24. Or do they avoid it any costs, even when they or someone they love s in danger? Nope. 25. Is your character a sadist? At times. 26. Or a masochist? Rarely. 27. Is your character moody? Do they swing from one emotion to the other? Sometimes, if she's unstable. 28. Or do they stick with their baseline emotion and rarely experience highs or lows? Haha! Can you imagine Duo being baseline? xD 29. Is your character capable of abstract thought and creativity? Is it sometimes so abstract no one else can follow? Yeah, sometimes. Especially when she's having a bad day. 30. Are they completely incapable of abstract thought? Nuh-uh. 31. Are they unpredictable? Does no one ever know what they will do next? Very unpredictable. 32. Or are they predictable to the point of being dull? Well, okay, sometimes. But that's usually bad writing. 33. Do they make all of their decisions based on how they're feeling at the time, even huge life-affecting ones? Yep. It's a bad habit. 34. Or do they think everything through logically and rationally, even very small things? Duo? Even a rip-off version? Bahahahahhahaha! 35. Do they have low self-control? Are they prone to shopping spress, binges, substance abuse, drinking, promiscuity? Sometimes, when unstable. Generally, no, but sometimes it'll happen. 36. Or do they keep so tight a control on themselves that they rarely experience the good things in life? Again, I laugh. 37. Are they diligent and work-minded t the point that everything else takes second place? Nope. 38. Or are they a slacker? Do they do the bare minimum? She isn't afraid of slacking when she can. ^^ 39. Are they traditionally moral? Do they have very clear black and white notions on what is right and refuse to change or break them? Nope. Not at all. 40. Or do they have very little conscience? Do they live by their own personal moral code that would be considered 'immoral' by the majority? No, she has a huge conscience, just a bad upbringing, so things we would deem "bad" she deems "not so bad" and things we say are "good" she says are "horrible." It's mostly culture. She's not black and white at all, though. 41. Do they need to do everything the 'right' way? From putting socks in the right drawer to alphabetizing their CDs? lol, hell no. She's a complete slob. 42. Or do they not care about the right way and do things their own way? She does things her own way. 43. Are they a perfectionist? Nope. 44. Or are they sloppy and messy? Very sloppy. 45. Do they stick to their convictions and opinions, even insignificant ones and does opposition only strengthen their beliefs? Nah. 46. Or are they easily swayed and led? Her opinions will change as events change. Opposition can sway her because she usually doubts herself enough to doubt her opinions. If someone has a reasonable argument, she may even back down. 47. Does your character save and collect things that have value, might have value or have had value? Do they accumulate lots of things? Not *lots* of things, but there are personal affects she has that she places entirely too much value upon. 48. Or do they throw everything out, even things that might have sentimental value? Nope. She can be violent if certain things are taken from her. 49. Are they thrifty or miserly? She knows how to steal, and has no problem taking when necessary. 50. Or generous to the point of being self-sacrificing? She can be extremely generous when it matters. 51. Does your character prefer being with people? Do they feel upset or awkward when alone? She's awkward and broody when alone, so people are a plus. 52. Or do they hate groups of people and tend to be loners? Not at all. 53. Do they work well in a team? Do they hate tot work independently? She works well both ways. 54. Or do they prefer to work alone? Do they prioritise their own feelings over the teams? Nah. Feelings can get in the way, though. 55. Does your character use their sexuality to get what they want? Sometimes. She isn't above it. 56. Or does their sexuality repuls or confuse people? Nope. 57. Is your character eccentric? Very. 58. Or are they "normal"? Very not normal. 59. Does your character live in "their own little world"? All the time. 60. Or are they constantly aware of outside events? On the battlefield and outside secure areas, she's always aware even she doesn't seem to be. 61. Is your character a show-off? Flamboyant? Dramatic? Yes, yes, and yes. 62. Or do they like to sink into the background and not draw attention to themselves? Very rarely, but she'll run away and withdraw when tired or angsty. 63. Is your character intelligent? Extremely or abnormally so? Abnormally so for her age, yes. 64. Or are they stupid? Abnormally so? She can pretend to be stupid, or actually be stupid over certain things. But she's not, really. 65. Is your character a hedonist? Nah. She doesn't have the luxury to be one. 66. Or do they refuse themselves pleasure? Are they ascetics? She won't refuse pleasure when it's offered, no. 67. Is your character punctual? Do they always arrive ten minutes early and get annoyed when others are late? Nope. 68. Or are they tardy? Are others always waiting for them? She can be tardy. I suppose she's mostly just right on time. 69. Is your character entitled? Do they expect to be treated a certain way, expect to be given an equal or better share and think they deserve the best in life? Hell no. Well, okay, she likes to be respected and treated nicely, I suppose, but only as far as normality. 70. Or are they a doormat? Nah. 71. Is your character emotionally reactive and available? Do other people see them as a powder keg? Hee! Powder keg? I suppose, at times. Maybe a lot. 72. Or are they seen as a "cold fish"? Rarely. 73. Is your character prone to stress? Yup. 74. Or are they so easygoing it's frustrating? Easygoing when it's going easy. 75. Is your character ambitious? Will they step over people to achieve their goals? No. 76. Or do they drift through life with no goals? She hasn't thought that far ahead, actually. 77. Is your character judgemental? At times. 78. Or will they stick with other's even when it's tough and self-damaging for them? Yes, she can be extremely loyal. 79. Does your character prefer the familiar and hate change? Nope. 80. Or are they restless? Restless. 81. Does your character care too much about what other people think about them? Yeah, sometimes. 83. Or don't they care at all? Rarely. 84. Is your character overly sensitive? Sometimes. 85. Or are they insensitive? Nope, never. 86. Do they have double standards? *googles* Um, no. 87. Are they prejudiced? Nah.
Good Guy or Bad Guy? 1. Is your character evil? Yes. To a lot of people, I suppose she would be. 2. Do they think they're evil? Her enemies certainly do. 3. Is your character good? Yes. She tries to be, anyway. 4. Do they think they're good? Not really. 5. Why does your character think they're good/evil? She thinks she's evil because she has a talent for killing things. 6. Why do you think they're good/evil? She's good because despite every evil thing she'll do, she does have moral character, and she will save the day in the end. She means well, she can't help being the way she is.
Character Building 1. How old is your character? 22? 23? Early-to-mid twenties. 2. What is your character wearing? Jeans and t-shirts, that sort of thing. 3. Where does your character live? Wherever she lays her head. She has a ship, and if she has it in her possession, she usually sleeps there. She also has many friends she likes to mooch off of. 4.Who are your character's neighbors? She has none, technically. *skips the next two questions* 7. What is on your character's kitchen table? A knife, a half-empty liquor bottle, a dirty shot glass, an empty pizza box, a remote. Car keys, an ashtray. 8. List of stuff in the character's junk drawer? Lock picks, bottle opener, more knives, nuts, bolts and screws, various tools, sheets of paper with phone numbers dating back several years, a pair of scissors 9. What kind of posture does your character have? Generally a bad one. Always stretching, leaning, hanging on, slumping, and tossing herself into various pieces of furniture 10. List of allergies: Cats and torture. ;P 11. What kind or scars or identifying marks does your character have? Across the throat where she was slashed, a scar around the base of her left ring finger, and various underneath her clothes. She also has prison bar code tattooed under her right wrist. 12. When is the last time your character when to church or other spiritual meeting? Never been in one. 13. What does your character drive and if the character doesn't drive how does he or she get around? She can fly almost any ship, but she doesn't drive too well, though. 14. What does your character do for work? She's a renowned space pirate 15. What is the most memorable thing your character passes on his or her way to work? Um. Space? It depends on where she is and what she's doing. 16. How would this person physically alter themselves? She hates tattoos and most piercings. The prison one doesn't count. Chances are she'll alter herself with lots of scarring. 17. What is this character most embarrassing habit? Um. I dunno, pick something. 18. What is the name of the book the character is reading right now? She doesn't have time to read. But if she did, it'd be a children's story of some kind because she enjoys those. 19. What are the top three things on this characters to do list? Kill the Bad Guys, have revenge, wreak havoc, I suppose. She isn't very organized. 20. Who is the last person to see this character naked? Good question. 21. What is this character's dream job? Doesn't have one. 22. What is the character's biggest secret? She doesn't have a secret yet. 23. What are the circumstances of the character's last kiss? It was probably friendly. 24. What is this character most afraid of? Herself. 25. What is the character's reoccurring dream? Torture. 26. What is the characters most vivid childhood memory? Learning how to fly. 27. The character went to the butcher shop yesterday, why? Because she likes fresh meat. 28. Who does the character have a crush on? A clown named Triton. Woot! 29. In the bottom drawer is a small tin box, what does the character keep in it? A bullet. 30. What song was playing in the character's head last? A Loverly Bunch Of Coconuts 31. What was the last thing to cause the character physical pain? Um, probably the torture. 32. Where will this character be five years from now? Either dead or the same. 33. There is a note on the character's fridge door, what does it say? "Hey stupid, your out of beer!"
"Don't boink the sheep until I get home"
Character Interview In your character's voice answer the following questions:
1. What is your name? Hayden Marie Foster 2. Where do you live and what time period are you from? I'm from the future (God only knows what year), and I live in my ship, usually. 3. How do you support yourself? What do you do for a living? I steal shit, and I'm a fabulous pirate. 4. What do you do for fun? I pace a lot and yap about nothing until ETrowa Triton gets drunk and we go out and find thumbs to play with. 5. Do you have any pet peeves (no, not THAT Peeves)? I had a pet ghost once, but I was delusional then. 6. What are a few of your favorite things? My ship! *strokes it lovingly*
Personality In your character's voice answer the following questions:
1. What do you see as your greatest strength? I am the most awesomest f'ed up feminist icon of the 26 1/2 century! Muahahahhaha! 2. What do you see as your greatest weakness? My own stupid self. 3. Do you have any phobias? Has this caused you any problems? Um. Probably a trauma or two in related to torture. Other than that, no. 4. Do you have any prejudices? Has this caused you any problems? I hate, hate, hate the military and/or other authority. Even when they're doing good, which they don't. It's caused me lots of problems, mostly because I tend to get captured. 5. Do you have any quirks or habits? My hair must be clean and just-so. I also clean my nails a lot. Sometimes when I'm nervous, I'll bite my thumb. 6. Are you a leader or follower? Leader, but I'll follow if it's necessary. 7. Are you an introvert or extrovert? Extrovert.
Outside perceptions of the character:
1. How do other people actually see this character? She's fairly likable, and loves to make other people happy by whatever means necessary. Despite most things, she's also fairly positive. 2. How do people react to the character? Love or hate her. She's so loud and relentless it's hard to be gray around her. 3. Would other characters follow this character? Yep. 4. Would other characters die for this character? Some have.
Vice or Virtue Answer in your character's voice the following questions:
1. Can you kill? Yes. 2. Can you kill in cold blood? I have. 3. Are you loyal? Extremely. 4. How good is your word? Very good. 5. Do you lie, cheat and or steal? All the time, but my word is honest. 6. Are you forgiving or vengeful? Vengeful. 7. Are you trusting or suspicious? Depends. 8. Are you brave or cowardly? No choice but to be brave, is there? 9. Are you reliable? I'd like to think so. 10. Ever been arrested? Many, many times.
Other people's perception of that character:
1. Do other people see the character as trustworthy? People who know her well do, yes. 2. Does the character have a bad side that is better to stay away from? Yup. 3. Is the character trusting or suspicious? More trusting than she ought to be, though she doesn't realize it. 4. Is the character brave or cowardly? Brave 5. Is the character reliable? Most of the time, though she has broken a promise or two. 6. Do others think the character can kill? In cold blood? Yes, and yes.
Skills and Abilities In your character's voice answer the following:
1. Are you educated or did you learn everything you need to know on the streets? I learned everything I know from my mentor, which I guess you can say is mostly street shit. 2. Are you more of an intellectual or physical kind of person? Physical. 3. Do you have a aptitude for magic? No. 4. Do you have a special power or ability? Not really. 5. What is your weapon of choice? Anything I can get my hands on. 6. What other weapons can you use skillfully? Guns, bats/clubs, swords, knives, various. 7. Do you have musical abilities? Hell no. 8. Do you have artistic abilities? Nope. 9. Do you have a job or trade? Not legally. 10. Are you content with that job or trade of do you wish you were doing something else with your life? Nah, I'm content when I'm not being thrust through some bizarre painful plot or another.
Emotions 1. How does your character react when angry? How does the character handle that anger? She's very violent. It isn't above her to kill first and ask questions later, depending on how angry she really is. 2. How does your character react when attracted to somebody? She has sex with them. 3. How does your character react when in love? She has sex with them, and has more sex. 4. How does your character react to sorrow? She either pretends nothing is wrong, or she broods until anyone within distance wants to shoot her. 5. How does your character react to uncertainty? She paces a lot and asks for advice if someone she trusts is around. 6. How does your character react to self doubt? She withdraws. 7. How does your character react to jealousy? Badly. 8. How does your character react to feeling hate or being hated? Very badly. 9. How does your character react when happy? She's always laughing, telling jokes, and entertaining the masses. 10. What is your character's base line emotion? What emotion motivates your character most often? She's usually pretty positive despite everything, because she's very, very relentless. Her trait to survive the odds usually motivates those around her.
writers_cafe added more questions to their questionnaire, so I thought I'd do them too.
*skips family section because she doesn't really have any in blood relation*
1. Do you have a lover(s)? Several 1a. Is it serious? Rarely 1b. Is is requited? Most of the time 1c. How long have you known each other? A few days, a few minutes, a few weeks. 1d. Why are you attracted to this person? Because he's hot, and he wants my big bad self. 2. Do you have a spouse? Hell no. 2a. How do you get on with that person? n/a 2b. How long have you been together? n/a 2c. Why did you become this person's spouse? n/a 2d. What attracted you to this person? n/a
1. Do you have any known children? I had a daughter 1a. How well do you get on with them? I loved her very much 1b. How involved are you in their upbringing? I raised her on my own 2. Do you have any unacknowledged children? Not that I know of. :P
1. Who is your best friend? Triton 1a. How long have you known each other? Years and years and years 1b. How did this person become your best friend? I don't remember 2. Who are your other close friends? The crew, my mentor, various. (Still finding names) 3. Is there anyone you'd like to get to know better? Not really.