Rules Breaking of these rules will initially invoke a warning, however, further infractions or obviously purposeful ones may result in removal from the community.
1. Friend both communities, the game comm. as well the ooc one. This is how you follow the communities easily. You also need to friend individual character journals, since private thoughts/entries are posted in them. An easy way to friend everyone, communities and characters in one fell swoop is to run the friend button, which gets updated every time someone enters or leaves our game.
3. We ask that you be 18 or older to play. Content will include NC-17 material, and we don't want to get in trouble. We also ask for a certain level of maturity. We know age and maturity aren't always directly proportionate, but there is often a link.
4. NC-17 will happen. Life includes sex and violence. We ask that if your thread contains or begins to contain NC-17 material, that you put a warning in the subject header. We don't require you to 'friends only' the threads, just give fair warning for those who don't want to read it.
5. We are all literate in this game. Please try your best to use proper grammar, tense, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc. in all of your logs, posts, and replies. While we realize that everyone makes mistakes and typos happen, please try not to make a habit of it. (For those of you for whom English is not your first language, don't worry, we are very understanding and tolerant.) Similarly, net speak (W00t, y0, l33t, etc.), actions (*snort*, *sigh*, etc.) or typing with sTiCkY cApS are not allowed by your characters in your game posts.
6. In most cases, replies in game threads should be longer than just a sentence or two, and should try to convey the character's thoughts and feelings when appropriate. While you may know what your character thinks and how they feel, we don't unless you write it out.
7. Ad-libbing/god-modding (putting words, backgrounds, or actions into other player character's mouths) is strictly forbidden. I'm sure you wouldn't like if we decided things about your character, even if its just for conversational purposes.
8. Character deaths require mod approval. Your character may not kill another character simply because they do not like them. Even if it is your own character that you wish to kill, please run the idea by us first.
9. There will be no specific posting requirement (X number of posts per Y number of days); however, we will do sweeps when we feel activity is low or we've noticed an inactive player. If you apply to take on a major character, please be sure that you have adequate time to devote to the role. If we see you playing with only one or two people all the time with no open threads to give others a chance, we will ask you to post open threads or interact with new characters.
10. We highly encourage plotting and posting because it's what makes any good RPG work.
11. Check all major plot-lines with the mods and also with the other characters that the plot will involve.
12. Be nice to your fellow players. Unnecessary OOC (out-of-character) drama is not tolerated under any circumstances. Try to keep in mind that this is a game, and that we are all here to have fun.
13. The Moderators work hard to make sure that Destiny runs smoothly. Meaningless arguing with the Mods will not be tolerated. Constructive plotting/brainstorming/healthy debate are highly encouraged.
On character selection/creation:
14. The game is both slash and het friendly, but we ask that you decide upon your character's sexual preference when you first apply to the game. If you want to change their preference during the game, ask the mods. We want to hear you justify the change. Sexual plots should be in character and justified through plot.
15. In your apply, please answer the question whether you've read these rules with 'something's lost and something's gained in living every day' so we can be sure you really did.
16. As with canon characters, an original character must be applied for with a complete background, history, and personality, and with sample role plays.
17. Mary Sues/Gary Stus are fair game for other characters to persecute, torment, and make life unbearable for the offending character. No one is perfect, and not everyone will like your character.
18. Take time to make a profile for your character on their user info page, particularly if you play an OC or a minor character. It can contain as much information as you find relevant to share with your fellow players.
19. Played bys (PB). Be creative and inventive. If you wish to change your PB during the course of the game, please notify the mods.
20. We prefer that all players only take on one character initially. More characters may be applied for after you have been with us for at least two weeks and have shown us what you are made of. Character limit is four per person unless special permission is granted by the mods.
21. When you post a new thread please label it with this: Who: (Who is in this thread) When: (the game date and time of day the thread takes place) Where: (Where does this take place) Rating & Warnings: (this is only necessary if the thread will contain explicit material) And the rest of your post under a lj-cut.
22. AIM logs belong behind lj-cut tags, and should be cleaned up accordingly before being posted, i.e. take out the AIM user names and any OOC talk and format properly.
23. Please do not pre-date your posts. Backdated posts, however, are welcomed and we realize that they are sometimes necessary.
24. Please tag owl posts with the word "owl" in the subject line or cut text.