2. I have a surprisingly wide excitables list for next year. Black Sails, Sleepy Hollow, Gothica
, tentatively Almost Human
...but like Defiance
, I think I'm going to try and wait it out until season one is finished before I start watching. I've discovered I do much better that way? BUT IT'S HAAAARD
3. I'd be excited about Epic
- and I'm seeing it everywhere - except Fungus Grotto
is a carbon copy of their plot, only progressive. Like, the 'goes to the miniature/otherwise alien-yet-familiar world is a familiar plot points, especially with fairies and lost parental figures and size shifts (I think Alice in Wonderland influenced the form that a lot of Western 'under the mound' type stories take hugely) and it looks like this takes a seriously different form, but at the same time I keep thinking - I saw this. It had a WOC as a lead, with a live and active
female beloved parental figure, and I waaaaant that one.
Anyway, who knows. It would be a good family film so when it comes out I might use it to tug Mom and Sam out of the house, and I'll keep an open mind.
4. I thought I was fully done with TVD, but I went back out of curiosity to watch the last episode, and now the events of the finale (which I knew better than to watch) have been so vile to hear about I suspect my brief dip in the pool has left me scummy with lingering investment.
5. I am drinking REALLY GOOD VODKA tonight.This entry was originally posted at http://shiegra.dreamwidth.org/15188.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
1. My laptop is dead and my charger has given up the ghost, so for the moment my computer time is...flexible. Let's call it that. That sounds nice.