As many of you know, one of my goals this year is to expand my writing skills and give poetry a try.
To that end, I recently wrote my first haiku and posted it over at poetic_hp
Anyway, it occurred to me that we could use a similar com here on DW, and after some discussion, the mods, enchanted_jae
Thus, they have created poetic_hp
Consider this post my invitation to you *pointedly eyes shaddyr
, and ysabetwordsmith
* to join the community and post your poetry! Let's make 2018 more poetic. <3
CLAIMING IS NOW LIVE @ dracotops_harry
. Please check out the comm if you have LJ/DW.
Also, please reblog our post on TUMBLR here
I also have a bunch of prompts in so make sure to check them all out!
WE NEED ALL THE ART and authors!! ALSO ART!
Note: Claiming is anonymous, posting is not. Here's the timeline: Sign-ups & Prompt Claiming starts: Sunday, January 21, 2018
Submissions due: March 22, 2018
Fest starts: Easter Sunday, April 1
Posting ends: April 29 or whenever we run out of submission
Masterlist goes up: May 4, 2018
This entry was originally posted at https://digthewriter.dreamwidth.org/568592.html. Thanks for reading
- People acting like dogs at a dog park. LMAO!
- Travel Photographer Captures Gorgeous Flowing Gowns Against Breathtaking Landscapes. Wow!
- Incredible round animals are adorably round. Although, points to anyone who can tell me what # 20 is. :P
- Puppies that look like teddy bears. Eeeee!
- Bored with your current work? You could consider one of the 25 most unusual jobs. Number 11 sounds...ewww. :P
- Weird animal facts are fun (and yes, weird).
- Cat's photobombing other cats. Adorable!
- Here are some words we should consider leaving behind in 2017.
- You're all familiar with the president's recent 'shithole' remarks, I'm sure. Well, he got a taste of his own medicine when people began reviewing Trump hotels, calling them shitholes. Heh.
- HBO is hosting Harry Potter parties and I wanna go. *pouts* Maybe I should throw my own?
- Speaking of, maybe if I lived in a place like this I'd throw more (or any) HP themed parties?
- These cute hedgehogs are so cute!
- If anomals had Tinder, these would be their profiles. Whoo hoo!
- This artist creates art from mundane city street objects. Awesome!
- Just in case you didn't know, NASA astronauts are giant nerds and I love it. *g*
- Here, have some animal kingdom love. I dunno about you, but I could use it this week.
- And finally, from venturous, a photographer recreates sexist vintage ads in which gender roles are reversed.
Have a wonderful week, everyone! Hugs yourselves and remember, love trumps hate. ♥
Without WordsAuthor: alisanneRating:
Severus Snape/Harry PotterWord count:
Poetry - Haiku (!!)Warnings:
The characters contained herein are not mine. No money is being made from this fiction, which is presented for entertainment purposes only.Notes:
My first attempt at Haiku. Written for getyourwordsout
's January challenge: Word Bowling. Your goal is to use each of the ten given words [see below], one per line, in a story. This will score a strike. Nine words on nine unique lines scores a spare. Eight words on eight unique lines is a split. The words don’t have to be used in the order given.Words assigned:
vigor, furniture, capacity, straight, edge, colloquial, rotate, collide, pupil, red. They have been highlighted to show they are in different lines as per the challenge. :)( Without Words )
Poster BoysAuthor: alisanne Summary:
The Ministry’s doing a fundraising calendar, and even though he’s on the night shift, Draco can’t escape. Word Count:
(Highlight to view) *Pining, mild angst, BFF!Pansy, annoying photographer.
Written for xerised
as part the 2017 hd_owlpost
Thanks also to sevfan
for beta reading, and to the mods for their patience. <3( Poster Boys )
Tea and InterrogationAuthor: alisanneRating:
Severus Snape/Harry Potter.Word Count:
730 (365 x 2)Warnings:
Dialogue only. A/N:
Written for hogwarts365
's prompt # 226: “His headache was still sitting over his right eye as if it had been nailed there.” ― Ian Fleming, Moonraker, Therapy, Cleaning house. This is also a follow up to last week's entry, Relationship Manifesto
.). Beta(s): sevfan
The characters contained herein are not mine. No money is being made from this fiction, which is presented for entertainment purposes only.( Tea and Interrogation )
Christmas CounsellingAuthor: alisanneSummary:
English wizards are much easier, they said, not so volatile. Apparently they didn’t count on this
(Highlight to view) *Non-canon character, yelling, a bit of exhibitionism, snark.
Written for hd_owlpost
's 2017 fest for kikimay
. She asked for couples therapy, angst with a happy ending, hurt/comfort, older!Draco and older!Harry, established relationship!, powerful!Harry, long haired!Draco, sex with feelings, growing old together, Malfoy family dynamics, and introspection, and this is what happened!
Thanks to sevfan
for beta-reading, and to the Owlpost mods for their patience. ♥ ( Christmas Counselling )
I keep getting a 504 Gateway Time-out error when I try to access my Dreamwidth journal, anyone else having this problem?
ETA: ah, looks like it's okay now.
In your own space, write a love letter to Fandom in general, to a particular fandom, to a trope, a relationship, a character, or to your flist/circle/followers. Share your love and squee as loud as you want to. Leave a comment in this post saying you did it. Include a link to your post if you feel comfortable doing so.
I'm not sure I can think of a new way to express my love.
You are a huge part of my life and, well, I'd be a completely different person without you, so, instead of words, have some pictures that express how I feel. ( How do I love thee? )