Because retail is the lowest circle of hell.
|About:||So you're a wage slave, the driving force of economy and retail and overqualified to do anything with nothing at all while somehow retaining your sanity when all's said and done. And you just had a very special customer. What do you do?|
Why, you post here, of course!
These are the product of five years of modding several large comms on LJ, and lessons learned there the hard way.
1) Adhere to the InsaneJournal Terms of Service.
2) No trolling. That goes for coming HERE to troll, and for going into other communities and journals and trolling, following links there, etc.
3) Do not post links to other journals or communities to show off what you feel is an example of stupid or other such activity. See rule #2. That's why. Some people cannot resist the temptation, unfortunately, and it causes problems for everyone.
4) Remember that this is a community where people will rant. People will be angry. People will use hyperbole and blow off steam. And also remember that being angry is not a free ticket to acting like a classless douche. So...
4a) To Posters: the right to rant is not the right to act like a completely crude asshole. And retail workers can be just as entitlement-bitchy as the customers. If you're acting like a douche, expect to be called on it. Don't go out of your way to be ugly in your post. If you use racial or sexist epithets, you're likely going to get your head snapped off. Saying things like 'stupid nigger' and 'dumb cunt' don't fly here.
4b) To Readers: We're sorry, the P.C. Police have no authority here. While there are words and phrases which, given in context of a post, can be extremely hateful and insulting, and the moderators will step in if it is brought to our attention and we agree that yes, it is a Bad Thing, remember, this IS a ranting community, and all we DO have to blow off steam here is words. If you have lived a full life and never once called someone even a mildly derisive name in anger or irritation, then you are part of a very tiny minority and we don't believe you anyway. Don't fan the fire by pulling out a holier-than-thou goodie-two-shoes act and deciding to be personally offended by something that has nothing to do with you.
5) Most of you are adults. Act like it. Behave like a petulant child and get bitchy and hissyfitty at other posters or especially a moderator, and you can expect to find yourself banned. We're not babysitters. If you're a teenager, I'm assuming you'd like to be treated like an adult and earn the same respect as an adult. If so, the rule still applies: act like one.
6) Do not spam the community. If you have several things to say, keep it to one post. Stay on-topic - ask yourself 'does this pertain to retail and customer service in some way?' and if you aren't sure, then it probably doesn't. Do not post dramatic "I'm leaving and taking my toys with me!" stamping squealing hissyfits, and don't post "Hi, I'm new here, bye" lame introduction posts either.
6a) Do not post 'Was I sucky? D:' posts. This is not the place for it.
6b) Do not post asking for thoughts on
6c) Non-sucky customer posts (WTF customers and special levels of awesome) are allowed - sometimes we need a laugh, and sometimes we can use our faith in humanity restored a bit.
7) LJ-CUT all long posts, pictures of any sort, and embedded videos.
8) Do not change the font size or color when posting either comments or entries.
9) Do not disable comments on your post, delete or heavily edit posts, or delete comments (beyond fixing HTML markup or wrong icon usage). These are grounds for banning, especially since the latter two are usually involved in drama and then when people whinge at the mods, the evidence to do anything about it is gone.
10) If you're not the moderator, don't moderate. If there's a problem, let the moderators know, and let them do their job. Please.
11) Don't feed the trolls. If you must, feed us instead. Post recipes. Or kitten macros. Kitten macros are always good.
12) If all else fails, rely on the basics of working and playing well with others that you learned in kindergarten.
More will be added when the community gets bigger and needs more than one.
|Interests:||50: 7-11, anger, annoyed, annoying customers, cash, cashiers, clerk, clerks, customers, customers suck, department stores, disgruntled, dumb people, dumbasses, employees, employers, employment, entitlement whores, fast food, gas stations, grocery stores, jerks, malls, mcdonalds, money, morons, people, pissed off, ranting, rants, registers, restaurants, retail, retail is hell, rude people, security, shop, shoplifters, shopping, shops, stores, strange people, stupid people, stupid shit, target, tips, video stores, waiting tables, walmart, work.|
|Maintainers:||2: emilie_burns, linachu|
|Members:||51: aaronlisa, |
|Watched by:||36: aaronlisa, ardath_rekha, ashu, asmaria, candledark, crazybeutuiful, emilie_burns, fakia, far_away, featheredwolf, gamera, glamrock, haruka, hellmuth, jabberwock, ketsundere, lady_ezri, ladystarlight, linachu, magic_at_mungos, metaknight, mirisa_ardruna, mybeautifulruin, oreadno1, perverted_pages, prozacnation, rainbow_goddess, randomsome1, ravynstoneabbey, ririka, rubyfruit_pixie, snarky_panda, stvnsangel, surrendermyself, the_gmb, toothpickbridge|
|Account type:||Free Patient|