|elmyraemilie (elmyraemilie) wrote in csi_lv_slash,|
@ 2008-04-03 22:37:00
Recap: 8 X 12, "Grissom's Divine Comedy"
Not going to do a blow-by-blow recap tonight, not least because I still have to pack for a weekend trip. However...
1) I almost forgot CSI was on. I've been looking forward to it so much, but I got caught up in doing all I had to do tonight and it was nearly 9 p.m. before it dawned on me. Geez, that's bad.
2) It's so good to see them all--Gil, Nick, Greg, Warrick, Catherine, Jim, SuperDave (now with spiffy haircut!), Doc Robbins, Hodges--we even got some Archie! And I pretended that the hands that tested the pistol for the temperature that would make it fire were Bobby's.
3) Madelyn Kline, for all her faults, was a very sympathetic character. Despite the fact that she rousted poor Grissom from his sickbed to help her deal with the judge and grand jury, I felt for her in the end.
4) So much interior view of Gil's place! If that's a townhouse, I'll eat this laptop. Fabulous place, it is. It's not a very good match with the interiors from "Strip Strangler" back in the day, so he must have moved. But it's definitely un-townhouse-like. I knew he had better taste than that.
5) That was some juicy Gil/Jim they handed us there at about the 20 minute mark.
6) Though the wrap-up wasn't as tidy as some, it felt real. Such a terrible situation would have many, many consequences for the people involved; the ways those consequences would intersect with each other made a good puzzle.
7) That phone call Gil took at the end? That was Nick. Or Greg. Or Jim. Or even Sophia. Hell, it could have been you or me, right?
We'll see what next week brings; the build-up looks grim. Given what Greg found in a Rubbermaid tub in a previous ep, what on earth will they find in that box?