|Princess Stabbity (purpleprose) wrote in crossroads_mall,|
@ 2007-12-12 22:35:00
|Current music:||Blaqk Audio - The Love Letter|
Mod Post One.
First of all, welcome to the Lunatic Cafe and its OOC Comm, Crossroads Mall. I'm a mod and you can call me Sil or That Tin Foil Chick.
If you're not new to the the Lunatic Cafe "chain" (also seen in LJ), then you know the rules and the basics. If you don't know them, this post is for you. We're going to do a quick rundown of things and if I'm not clear, you're more than welcome to ask questions.
1. "Can I bring in.."
The answer to this is simple. If it's a fictional character, yes. If not, no.
2. "You have a Buffy in the Cafe. Can I have one?"
Absolutely. Duplicates/Alternates of fandom characters are fine. (Duplicates/Alternates of your own OCs are fine as well.) This is a multiverse/pan fandom comm.
3. "What about a Deity/Entity?"
Sure. But it doesn't give you the right to god play or control other players. That's not cool. The basic rules still apply. No patron is above them.
4. "A waitress just slugged my character without invoking the security! Why?"
All cafe employees with seniority (those that are listed in the userinfo) also double as bouncers. The only reason they'd perform such an act is if there were just cause. (Or it's Lacey and she's hitting someone she knows...) Best way to avoid it? Don't cause trouble when they're around.
5. "Can my character work in in the cafe?"
Only if they're hired. Seek out a meeting with the Partners or the Managers. No, they will not always hire a person.
6. "Uh.. it's raining Marshmallow Peeps."
8. "Can I introduce myself in the Mall?"
But of course! It's for issues and mun interaction. Feel free to say hi. People may say hi back.
9. "I see a character I'd like to talk to. Can I?"
Unless the post is marked "Locked To" or "Locked from" or similar, yes. It's a cafe. Feel free to interact!
10. "How do I reach a mod?"
Here is your best bet. Comments will be screened, and unless something out of this particular mod's control interferes, she will indeed notice.
That's currently all for now, but this can/will be updated as seen fit.
Role Playing in the Cafe: The basic info about the cafe.
1. The premise is simple. The Lunatic Cafe is located in an inter-dimensional nexus. Rules are iffy in the nexus itself (Though the creator of this particular nexus is always aware of what's going on, much like a Watcher.) but in the cafe, the rules are simple. No violence. There are safety protocols for it, as seen in the user info, but most case scenarios, how it works is up to the players involved. Deaths are not allowed inside the cafe. (Of course, if you specify scenes as in the nexus and not the cafe itself, well.. that's another story.)
2. There are free rooms and apartments in the upper floors of the cafe. They're infinite and automatically lock themselves to a user. No one, save for the Three Partners (emergencies only), can enter these rooms without the characters/muns permissions. Each room is equipped with the basics, including a replicator (and guidebook) to replicate needed items such as clothes, food, etc. It does not replicate forms of currency.
3. People who come into the cafe for the first time ever get their orders free. Buffyverse characters always have a free tab. The cafe's menu includes anything and everything. It's not just a motto. It really does. They will not however serve things that are against their own particular morals.
4. While there are indeed employees with names, sadly their muns do have lives outside of RP. So feel free to imply nameless, or not so nameless staff as helping you out. (Of course, this does mean that you can't say someone else's character did this or that. That's god playing and rude.)
5. The cafe interiors and exteriors change whenever their creators and owners feel like changing them. Such is the way of the Cafe Nexus.
6. Characters come in however they wish. One of the centers of the cafe is that the magic it uses will sometimes pull people into its vicinity at random or for reasons known only to the muns behind a pup. How to leave is easy. A character just needs to walk out the exit doors and think of home. Works every time. (Unless a player doesn't want it to work. That's entirely up to them.) Sometimes characters don't remember the cafe upon leaving. Sometimes they do. Sometimes time doesn't flow the same in the cafe as it does for a character's "real life". It's up to the player to decide on how to work that out. We just provide a location and some easy outs.
I know, this isn't the most detailed FAQ, but all you really need to do is read the user info and this to hopefully understand the basics.