Conscious choice over our lives
|Name:||The IJ Childfree Community|
WHO WE ARE _________________________________
Childfree people exist in all walks of life, in all careers, income brackets, races, and nations. We have consciously reached the decision for ourselves not to have children, for various reasons.
Read: Some common beliefs and misconceptions about Childfree people.
Childfree means you do NOT want children, now or EVER. If you want to have children someday or aren't sure whether or not you do, you're a fencesitter or otherwise not childfree. If you want children but cannot have any, then you're childless, not childfree. There is no shame in being childless or a fencesitter. Being childfree isn't some uber-cool club to join. Don't claim you're childfree if you're not, simple as that. Some people are more militantly hardcore childfree than others, and personal definitions beyond the "do not want children now or ever" can vary on what it means to be childfree. This community's official stance on the matter is this: if you do not want children, and do not have any under your care in any way, shape, or form (child support, guardianship, etc.) and do not ever want them, and consider yourself childfree, you are. If you have a child you acknowledge as yours and take care of even if they don't live with you, you're not childfree. It doesn't make you less of a person to not have that label, so please don't try to claim you are.
These are the product of five years of modding CF on LJ, and lessons learned there the hard way.
1) Adhere to the InsaneJournal Terms of Service.
2) No trolling. That goes for coming HERE to troll, and for going into other communities and journals and trolling, following links there, etc.
3) Do not post links to other journals or communities to show off what you feel is an example of stupid or other such activity. See rule #2. That's why. Some people cannot resist the temptation, unfortunately, and it causes problems for everyone. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS. D:
4) Do not bingo other posters. Yes, childfree people can, will, and have bingoed other childfree people. To understand what it means to "bingo", read this.
5) You're adults. Act like it. Behave like a petulant child and get bitchy and hissyfitty at other posters or especially a moderator, and you can expect to find yourself banned. We're not babysitters.
6) If you're a parent or want to be one, you're allowed here, but this is our playground, and you're to adhere to our rules. We don't want to see posts from you stating you're not childfree but you "totally support us". We don't want to see icons with or pictures of your child or pregnancy. We don't want to hear stories about your children or your parenting experiences. If you want to rant about another child or parent, it's quite possible to do so without bringing your own parental status into it. This isn't a parenting community. It's a childfree community. Please respect that.
7) Don't witch hunt. If you know a poster is a parent, don't try to trick them into admitting it. Don't email the mods and tell them so-and-so is a parent. If they behave, they're welcome here. We're adults. Let's act like it, hmm?
8) Do not spam the community. If you have several things to say, keep it to one post. Stay on-topic - ask yourself 'does this pertain to childfree in some way' and if you aren't sure, then it probably doesn't. Do not post dramatic "I'm leaving and taking my toys with me!" stamping squealing hissyfits, and don't post "Hi, I'm new here, bye" lame introduction posts either.
9) Do not post "Look what I found on Craiglist/freecycle" posts. And yes, we know about Duggar family, the Use Condoms Commercial, the baby chewing on the kitten's tail, and other things of the sort. Trust us.
10) LJ-CUT all long posts, pictures of any sort, and embedded videos.</b>
11) Do not change the font size or color when posting.
12) Do not disable comments on your post, delete or heavily edit posts, or delete comments (beyond fixing HTML markup or wrong icon usage). These are grounds for banning, especially since the latter two are usually involved in drama and then when people whinge at the mods, the evidence to do anything about it is gone.
13) If you're not the moderator, don't moderate. If there's a problem, let the moderators know, and let them do their job. Please.
14) Don't feed the trolls. If you must, feed us instead. Post recipes.
More will be added when the community gets bigger and needs more than one.
|Interests:||62: abortion, abortion rights, alternative lifestyle, birth control, bisexuality, childfree, childless by choice, choice, condoms, conscious choice, dating, democrats, depo-provera, dink, equal rights, essure, family planning, feminism, freedom of choice, gay, glbt, government, green party, iud, lesbian, libertarians, lifestyle choice, lifestyles, marriage, men, no kidding, nonconformists, norplant, now, parenting, planned parenthood, politically incorrect, politics, polyamory, pro-choice, prochoice, puppies, rejecting the life script, reproductive rights, republicans, respect, romance, sex, single, singles, sterilization, taxes, the pill, tubal, tubal ligation, tubals, vasectomies, vasectomy, voting, women, women's lib, women's rights|
|Members:||45: absentelements4, akai_senshi, amethyst_hunter, |
|Watched by:||36: absentelements4, akai_senshi, amethyst_hunter, atalantapendrag, baerana, barbayat, brimac13, dani_meows, diachrony, distantuniverse, dmluvslave85, elfflame, elgraves, emilie_burns, firebird308, gamera, haruka, inkaddict, jchaos, kabal42, lady_curmudgeon, lafemmedarla, linachu, meowy12, nz_bonjovi_gal, princess_kessie, ravan, rubyfruit_pixie, rusty_halo, somethingvague, sparkleblsm, sunfell, sylumgator, teh_kittykat, viverras, wolfstar|
|Account type:||Free Patient|