|Metatron (heaven_within) wrote in chaosu_ooc,|
@ 2009-05-07 02:30:00
|Entry tags:||constructive criticism|
Alright guys, it's that time of year again. Or rather, a return (or reinstatement) of an optional feature in CU. This WILL have a link to it in the link index, though it can also be found through a constructive criticism tag. What's the gist? Well, basically, if you're interested in hearing constructive criticism, reply to this thread with the name of the character you write. Please post eat character's name individually so that it is very clear which character is being commented on.
If you guys would prefer, I will make this Anonymous Only, otherwise people have to be signed in to comment on this. If you want to vote one way or the other, please reply to the first comment on this - once it's clear there's a majority one way or the other, I'll delete that entire comment thread and make it that way.
Alright, though, I have a few rules/things to say about this...
1) Please, if someone puts their character on here, please comment. If you have only good things to say, that's fine, but try to think of something that they could do to improve their character. Even if it's simply posting more often, showing his/her childish more, or whatever. If you're going to criticize something, try to compliment something about the character as well, and vice versa.
2) Be honest. Don't lie. Don't say you love something about a character you don't - and don't say something is horrid if you don't feel that way either.
3) Don't be cruel. If you are, I WILL delete the comment. Constructive criticism is one thing, but outright saying "Your character sucks monkey balls and you need to leave the game" is not acceptable criticism.
4) If you don't want to put your characters up here, that's fine. I think it would be more helpful to the characters you write if you did, but I can understand not doing this.
5) I will attempt to give every single character posted here a detailed constructive criticism comment. You have at least one guaranteed comment.
I'll be writing an example one to myself with Metatron, soo feel free to look there if you're afraid of writing a critique post and want an example.
Feel daring? Want to comment on someone's characterization, or see what comments you're getting yourself? You know you wanna~