1. Respect the mods. We are here to help with any problems and to keep the game fun, we can only do this if we have the respect from the players.
2. No Godmodding. Godmodding is when you control what another character does without permission from the characters player. For example: Luna walked down the hall and spotted Harry and Ginny making out by the broom closet. She quickly turned around to give them privacy and decided to go a different way to class. Harmless as it seems, unless you have the permission from the Harry and/or Ginny player this is Godmodding. DO NOT do it.
3. Don't go overboard on the sex plots. Yes our characters range to the age where sex is a definate possibility, but be realistic. A 14 year old boy isn't going to have sex with a 14 year old girl every day in the broom closet after class. The castle is highly supervised and it's very unlikely that 14 year olds would be having sex all willy nilly.
4. Lock all NC-17 threads. Our game is open to all ages so if your character has decided to be sexually active, then post the thread with proper tags, warnings, and make sure it's locked to all under 18's.
5. Dn't use txt lingo n ur threads. If you are passing a note to another character or commenting on a personal journal and you believe that your character would write in text lingo, then by all means go for it. But threads are to be in proper writing form. Use correct grammar and try to keep all typos to a minimum.
6. Keep ooc drama ooc. Holy smokes! James Potter is starting horrible rumors about your character! How rude! You HATE James Potter! BUT you have no reason to hate our dear Felicia. Yes IC drama can sometimes seep into OOC but try to know the difference. If you have a standing problem with someone, tell a mod and let the mods deal with it.
7. Stay active. Post a thread or journal at least once a week. Comments are fantastic but you need to thread and journal as well. If you go beyond a week without activity, you'll be nudged. After two weeks we'll give you a warning. And after three weeks it's expulsion. If you reach the warning stage three times you'll be kicked as well.
8. Use LJ cuts. Private thoughts, private messages to specific characters, large pictures, and Owls should all be posted under the cut and labled accordingly.
9. When you write and/or respond to a thread your response must be at least 100 words. We are here to have fun but it's no fun for serious role players to have to play with responses like " she walked down the hall and waved." That will not cut it and we expect detailed responses in threads. The proper response to the question " Anything you want to add?" on the application is "I want to be an auror when I grow up." To come up with good responses think of what your character is feeling. Are they cold? sweaty? Nervous? Happy? Could you describe how the room looks? Is there a link you could use to make the experience better? Go all out on responses.
10.Keep the mods informed of your Real life interruptions. Real life is more important than the role play. If your child has a field trip or if your husband gets tickets to an all paid vacation or if your school exams are coming up and you want to study more or if you even just want to take a week to get back into your groove let us know! Tell us how long you think you'll be on hiatus, let us know that you may be mia for a while. You will not be in trouble for going on hiatus.
11. Have fun! yeah yeah it's cliche but we demand that you have fun!