|bullyheadmaster (bullyheadmaster) wrote in bullyreunion,|
@ 2008-11-17 22:00:00
|Entry tags:||00 mod post, 00 ooc, 00 rules|
Hello, and thank you for checking out Bully: Reunion! We'd be glad to have you aboard. Here are some guidelines for getting started.
- Het, slash, and femmeslash are all allowed and even encouraged! See the "other rules" at the bottom for more info on adult situations.
- You can have one character from each group: bullies, preps, nerds, greasers, jocks, townies, and non-cliques.
- Mains, prefects, and faculty are considered separately as "special" characters but you can only have one of those, too.
- The absolute max limit is 8 characters. You must be able to stay active with each character you take, so choose wisely.
- It's not recommended to take two characters who are heavily involved with each other, such as both Jimmy and Petey.
- There are absolutely no challenges on characters or PBs. Once you're in, you're in. That's what the writing sample is for.
- This rpg is set 7 years from the year Bully occurred in. It is 2005 in this game, and it is assumed that the video game took place in 1998. There will no doubt be some changes in each character. How they changed is up to you, but you are encouraged to follow canon as much as possible. Please keep it realistic.
- When writing your application please be careful not to assume too much canon of other characters, unless it's something that happened for sure (like Trent at one time dating Kirby). We'll remedy this later on by having a history brainstorming session in the OOC community, and everyone's will be figured out.
- All canon characters should now be between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on their grade during the game. There's no real canon for that so their age is your choice within reason.
- You'll need a played-by to represent the adult version of your character. Have fun with this! But try to choose someone who looks close enough to your character. If you need help, a great resource is Hollow Art, and also pb_updates.If a very famous and often-banned pb just happens to look a ton like your character, just use them. I'm not picky. But if you pick someone I think looks nothing like your character whatsoever, I may ask you to change it.
- Your OTP is not necessarily someone else's OTP. Please be understanding if they don't want to play your OTP with you.
Step 1: Check the Character List and see who's available. You can start with applying for up to 3 characters at a time. Comment on the character list or email to let me know you're applying, and I will hold your character for you. Anonymous holds are okay as long as you supply me with an email address. You can mail it to me if you don't want to post it in a comment. Holds are good for one week.
Step 2: Fill out the Application and mail it to the address included.
Step 3: I will respond within 3 days with an accept or reject mail. If you're rejected, don't worry! I will include the best critique I can for why I rejected your application. You can then edit. You can edit up to 3 times before I will ask you to start your concept over from the beginning. I also reserve the right to reject you based on your age (15 or younger), writing ability (tons of spelling/grammar errors or a general incoherency), or not following the rules.
Step 4: Now that you're accepted, go ahead and create an IJ for your character. Some comms care a lot about what the user name is, your layout, your icons, etc.... I do not. All I ask is that your character journal is fresh and not shared with other characters. Try to theme your user name to your character ("shirtsnskins", "iheartaquaberry", "poundcake", "warriorpoet", "peestain", etc.) but other than that, just have fun with it! As long as it is not obscene. While you're at your IJ, I would like for you to place your profile information (minus your personal information) into the "diagnosis" or user info section of your journal for easy reference for others. Your profile info must be in your user info at all times and is a requirement for your journal to be accepted to the comm. Also try to get at least 10 icons of your character's pb. Any other icons are free for all, including text icons, whatever you want. In fact if you have any resources for fun Bully-themed icons, share them!
Step 5: Add the communities and use the friend all button. You're in!
How to Post Logs
- AIM is a recommended avenue of play. The threading community is also available.
- When you use the threading community, be sure to finish what you start! When it's finished, post a link to the thread in the IC journal. No thread will be considered IC until it has been completed and a link has been posted.
- When you thread, make sure you specify which characters are allowed to participate in it. Either say "Private: (character names)", or "Everyone".
- When posting a link to a thread, please use the post form, but in place of the LJ cut just post a link. Don't forget to friends lock adult stuff in both places!
- Be judicious about "open to everyone" threads. Sometimes characters and players are busy, so if no one responds please do not become upset. It would be better off to simply invite some people to thread with you.
- You can find everyone's contact info on the contact list, which will be friends locked.
- Minimum post length is 4 good sentences without dialogue. I'm not going to be super picky on length, so you don't have to write novels. But no one-liners or all dialogue posts ever.
- I will be picky about spelling and coherency, so make sure you spell-check your logs before posting and don't use chatspeak outside of email or txt exchanges.
- Post logs from AIM straight into the IC community (bullyreunion). Here's how --
[in the subject line: "Title of your thread" (character and character)]
Who: (character's names)
What: (doing what activity?)
When: (when on the timeline or relative to other scenes?)
Warnings: (sexytime? See below for rules on that)
<lj-cut text="Some fun quote from your scene?">
Also, tag your scene with your characters' tags. They'll be added for you upon joining.
- Keep up with the friend all button.
- Original characters are allowed after you have 2 active canon characters for a month. If you just need a random npc as a waiter or family member or etc., you don't have to count that as a character or submit an app.
- I'm going to be picky about original characters and their quality and place in the game. No originals who were in the cliques during the same time the canon characters were. They have to have been at Bullworth either before or after the canon characters.
- Another option is to create an original character who was a non-clique (this will count as your non-clique slot), or a townie that went to public school. All the above rules still apply except for the one about not being in school at the same time as the canons. Townies, however, will not be receiving invitations to the Bullworth High School Reunion. They will have to find their own way in if they want in.
- No original characters who are super-close lovers, brother, sister, best buddy, or cousin of a canon character that are not mentioned in canon in any way.
- All original concepts must be approved by me before you can submit an application. To do that, just write me a one paragraph proposal of who you want to play and I will accept/reject with critique.
- No fighting over what is canon and what is not, please. All disagreements should be run past me.
- Character journals in this game will be considered like the game world's own version of Livejournal. Your characters can use them exactly like they'd use a Livejournal and email system, with one quirk: Instead of friends locking private entries, subject them "private" and lj-cut them so that muns can still read them. Other characters can't read them though. Email exchanges are the same way. Subject the entry "Email to ___" and then lj-cut it.
- Memes are allowed IC in character journals, but don't get carried away. Nobody likes to read a week's worth of lyrics.
- Your character's email address can just be written as (their IJ name)@bulljournal.com. If you need it for some reason.
- Emails and txt exchanges can go in your character journals.
- Those with expert technical skill (nerds) might be allowed to use hacking to read private entries and emails BUT this must be approved by me and the mun first. Muns, be a good sport about being hacked. Conflict is fun!
- We're all definitely going to need to coordinate our efforts for our characters' histories, so please use the ooc journal to your liking! Discuss, rant, ask questions, and generally have fun there.
- Activity Rule: I must hear from you in the form of a log, a journal entry, or a howdy on AIM/email to let me know you're alive at least once a week. Everyone has real life obligations but we want to keep the game running as smoothly as possible.
- I can't hold characters for long periods of time without them being played. I'm sorry. If you are going to be completely unavailable for more than a week all you have to do is post an absence notice in the community with the tags "ooc" and "absences". That's all!
- This rp might include some adult content. All characters will now be above legal age.
- If you're not legal to read or write adult content in your jurisdiction it is up to you (and your parents) to police yourself. By joining you agree not to violate any laws. I do not have any way of verifying anyone's age for sure. Follow the IJ TOS.
- If you do write a scene which includes adult content, when you post it to the community you Must LJ-cut it, friends-lock it, and in the warnings section of the log form you must include what is going on in the scene.
- Graphic sex of any sort, violence, and possible triggers such as non-consensual activity, drugs, mental illness, etc. all are things you should give a warning for.
- Do not post any scene involving sex between an adult and a minor.
The basics of RP etiquette apply. No godmodding, no disrespecting, no mod overriding, no drama, etc. Just be nice and we will have a fabulous time. Thanks again for checking out my rp. Hope to see you soon!