FAQ FAQ - What sort of RP is this? Brutal Opera is an rpg taking place in the not too distant future. Mass organ failures have swept the globe as technology takes hold. This is all run by the sadistic overlord Alice Cooper, who resides in Dragon Town. Murder, theft, drugs and rape are the norm her. Throughout it all is the heavy music of the citizens. They rove in gangs, or clans or brotherhoods, and just fight to make a name for themselves and survive.
- What is the rating? Over 18, please. This will be bloody and violent and bare.
- How do we play? You can either do logs on AIM/MSN or create logs in the IC journal. If you have specific ideas for plots, contact the mod and discuss it with them. If it is approved, post about it in the OOC community and ask if players are interested.
- Do I need a journal to play? No. Constantly logging in and out between several journals is irritating, so you do not need a journal for this role play. However, you do require at least on icon of your character. Because of this rule, we do not allow players to use OpenID.
- So my character isn't required to keep a journal or log or anything? Nope.
- Who can I play? You can probably be close to whoever. As long as you're a character from the movie Repo! The Genetic Opera, or a rock singer, like Marilyn Manson, Amy Lee, The Dir en Gray guys, Danni Filth, Peter Steele or whoever. Some other more classic 'characters' like The Beatles, or Michael Jackson or something will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Can I be from another musical? I'll decide this on a case by case basis. If it's a more modern musical or stage play like RENT or Spring Awakening, then maybe. If it's fantasy like Wicked and Into the Woods or rooted in history like Hairspray or Les Mis, then no. No Phantom, and obviously no CATS.
- Can I bring in more post apocalyptic stuff like ______? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask. - I wanna be 2-D from Gorillaz, or Toki from Metalocalyps! Or JEM! I WANNA BE JEM! Sorry, no.
- Can I be an original character? Not at this time. - Can I be my Guitar Hero/Rockband character? Fuck off.
- What does my character do? Depends. They could be a stand alone assassin, or part of a gang (Which de-facto's to their band name. So Peter Steele would be the leader of the gang Type O Negative.) or part of Cooper's elite inner circle. Or they could work for Gene.Co, cleaning up the streets should someone die. Or they could be a pathetic druggy addicted to who knows what. So yes, Davy Havok could whore himself to the Grave Robber for some Zytrate. Use your imagination. - So, could the lead singer from Tool be a Repo Man? Technically, yes. But I'm limiting the number of Repo Men. - Do I have to be a front man? No. You can be anyone from a band. You could be the drummer for Def Leopard, you could be Dizzy Reed or Buckethead. You could be Kelly Osbourn, but prepare to be mocked.