|About:||Welcome to Beginnings!|
Beginnings is owned and moderated by dreams_exposed.
Beginnings is a community for adult writers of original fiction - no matter the experience or writing level. It is a place to have fun, be creative, and receive feedback on your work.
Rules - you knew we'd have them. :]
1. Adults only please. Some of the stories posted will, more than likely, have adult themes. If you become a member you are telling me that you are over 18 years of age.
2. Original fiction is preferred, but fanfic is okay, too. Please let us know what fandom if you're writing fanfic.
3. Heard of the saying, "Less is more"? That's what we believe in this community and on that thought we want less words. We want to see how much emotion, detail, action, etc. that you can write into 500 words or less. That's right, we have no minimum word count but we do have a maximum count. And it will be enforced. If you write 501, your post will be deleted and you will receive an email explaining why.
4. Worried that you can't do less than 500 words in 15 minutes? Well don't as we do not have a time limit - except that you need to finish it by the start of the following challenge. 15 minutes or 15 hours is fine, just let us know how long it took to write.
5. Content is not important. The only thing the content has to be is prose. No poems, haikus or shopping lists.
6. All challenges are first-line challenges. This means that you must use the challenge as the first line in your story. The wording cannot be changed or added to, so please make sure that you use it exactly as given. Entries that do not follow this requirement will be deleted.
7. Please do not use mood and music tags and remember that LJ-cuts are your friend. If you do not know how to make a cut, please ask.
8. The entries are short but please, check your spelling and grammar before posting.
9. Comments are expected. I won't beat you over the head if you never comment, however, please remember that you will be more likely to receive comments if you comment on other writers' work. It's not difficult and it need not be long. A simple "I loved it" goes a long way to making a writer smile. Constructive criticism is helpful, especially for those writers who are new and need/want guidance. Remember to keep it constructive and not derogatory.
Anyone may rewrite any challenge that they've previously written, at *any* time. A lot of writers will take your suggestions and work to improve what they have written. After all, that is the purpose of this community. Please, if you rewrite a challenge, link to the original work so that we may compare and applaud the improvements.
Challenges will be issued once per week. I might also do a seasonal/holiday one at any time also. Every challenge will have an end date so that you will know when they are due.
You are always welcomed to do previous challenges that you have missed. All that is asked is that you do the current week's challenge first. Once that is done, you are allowed to submit entries for any/all of the previous challenges. If there is more than one previous challenge, please place them all in the same post. Make sure that each challenge is behind a separate cut tag. This will make it easier to distinguish the new challenges from those that are back challenges.
When you post tell us the following things - The following form must be used, outside the cut-tag on ALL stories - unless posting multiples. If that is the case, only one form is needed on the first story:
COUPLE/FANDOM: (this will allow readers to follow a fav couple or fandom)
SUBMITTED BY: (please use the name of the journal you are submitting this from. Ie., your fic journal and not your personal journal if that is the case)
CHALLENGE: # of challenge and line being used.
RATINGS AND TYPE: (PG - Story could be read by anyone over 13. R - Violence, swearing, adult content) NC-17 - graphic sex, S&M, anything hardcore. Also note if it is Gen, Het, Slash or Femslash)
NOTES: (The reason for your rating if it is R or NC-17. Some readers choose to not read certain types of stories, and while we will allow anything, not everyone wants to read it.)
WEBSITE/FIC-JOURNAL: (Tell us where we can read more of your work)
Suggestions not only appreciated, they are welcomed. Email me with any suggestions and, if I use your challenge, you will get credit.
Remember that this is a community for all of us. So write, comment, make friends and enjoy!
|Interests:||6: feedback, femslash, het, original characters, slash, writing|
|Members:||8: animehime, dreams_exposed, |
|Watched by:||7: animehime, dreams_exposed, jim000037, kaesa, monique_27, shinnite, twitchwhisker|
|Account type:||Free Patient|